Estimated Cost: $1,200
- Airfare: $600-800
- In-Country: $500
Estimated Time Frame: July 5-17, 2018
Location: Managua, Nicaragua (Capital City)
Host Ministry: Latin American Ministries (LAM). The founders of LAM are Billy and Bette Loft, who will be hosting and guiding us on our mission trip in Managua. See the LAM website for more information.
Potential Ministry Opportunities:
- VBS: They do 1-2 day VBS programs at different locations. We can do several of them.
- Youth Rally: This is a large gathering of youth from nearby communities who would come to a worship service/message.
- Street Evangelism: We would break off into small groups accompanied by translators.
- Worship Services: These would take place at various churches throughout the city of Managua on Saturday night and Sunday morning.
- Building Projects: This would not be the focus of the trip, but opportunities are available for church construction.
- Passport (if you do not have one, an application for a passport is due no later than December 31, 2017)
- Complete the BCC application (due by October 1st)
- A few vaccinations (see your primary care doctor)
- Trip is open to entire church body – Kids and youth (through 8th grade) need a parent to accompany them on the trip – Upcoming 9th graders and older are allowed to attend with parental permission and under the authority /supervision of Pastor Jesse Ruzic
- Youth attending the trip need a notarized waiver signed by both parents
- Adults attending the trip need a notarized adult participant waiver
- Participants must attend team meetings throughout the year (approximately 8)
For the Youth: A fund called the “Karen Malkowski Fund” has been donated to the youth and it contains $8,000. It is available to help offset the cost of every youth attending the trip.
First Action Step: If you desire to commit to serving on this trip, then a deposit of $100 and an application is due by Sunday, October 1st, 2017. Please designate checks or cash for the Nicaragua Mission Trip in the following format: Your Name/Nica 2018. This is written on the memo of checks, or on an envelope for cash.
Application: Please fill out the following form for EACH participant that would like to attend this trip.