Dates: March 11 – December 2
Time: Sundays at 8:20 am
Location: Brighton Christian Church
Beginning March, Pastor Jacob will be leading a “study group” that will be surveying the entire Old Testament (OT). This group is designed for those who have a desire to learn more about the essential historical and cultural background of the OT, as well as an examination of the content found in each book. This survey will give you a foundational understanding of the scriptures and will prepare you for future in-depth biblical studies. This study group is ideal for new believers as well as those who desire to refresh their knowledge of the OT.
By completing this group study, you will gain:
- Knowledge of the setting, purpose, and message of each book of the OT.
- You will become familiar with the major events and people of the OT.
- You will gain an understanding of the “big picture” of the OT and ability to relate the parts to the whole.
- Gain a greater understanding of the major theological themes of the OT.
- Confidence in your growing knowledge of the scriptures through weekly readings, video lectures, and group discussions
- You will grow in your relationship with the Lord.
The format of this study group will be:
- Weekly assigned readings from our textbook and from the scriptures, to be completed before each meeting (see course schedule).
- Each weekly meeting will consist of:
- Approximately 20 minutes of video lectures by OT scholars Andrew Hill and John Walton. These lectures will correspond with that week’s readings. Commentary on the readings will provide additional insight.
- Group discussion and Q & A with Pastor Jacob.
Study Resources Here:
- Bible – be sure to bring it to every group meeting.
- Notebook book – for private study & should be brought to group meetings